What to do:
For the next 2 hours, your teeth pores are now opened and exposed. They are currently more prone to discolouration; therefore, here are a few things you will want to do to ensure best results:
- Do not eat or drink anything other than water
- Use a straw for water if available
- Listed below are things that stain teeth, try to avoid them:
- LIQUIDS: Coffee, tea, red/white wine, beer and soda
- FOOD: Soya sauce, curry, balsamic vinegar, citrus/acidic foods, sweets (chocolate), pomegranates, grapes, cherries, and berries
- Brush immediately after consuming any “staining” substances. If that’s not possible then rinse your mouth with water immediately.
The following 24 hours: Do not use any mouthwash.
If you experience sensitivity such as a tingling sensation or find “white gums,” it should go away within 24 hours. To help relieve sensitivity, here are a few things you can do:
- Apply vitamin E oil.
- Take 400-600m of Advil.
- Use a sensitive toothpaste for the next 24-48 hours.
- Avoid really hot and really cold drinks or food for the next 24-48 hours.
If you experience “white spots,” they are called “calcium deposits.” There is a very simple way to fix them. It’s called oil pulling. Not only will it help, but it also comes with many other benefits, such as:
- Treat tooth decay
- Kill bad breath
- Heal bleeding gums
- Prevent heart disease
- Reduce inflammation
- Whiten teeth
- Soothe throat dryness
- Prevent cavities
- Heal cracked lips
- Boost the immune system
- Improve acne
- Strengthen gums and jaws
Maintain your teeth to make the most of your treatment.
Referrals to our service will reward you with extra minutes on your next 20 minute session!